Each year Skokie School asks for volunteers for Room Parents. Room parent sign ups are for 5th and 6th grade parents only. 2 room parents are are needed per Advisory and minimal time commitment is involved. Room Parents assist classroom teachers as needed and serve as a liaison between teachers, the PTO, and classroom parents. Being a room parent is a great way to connect with other parents and your child’s teacher!
Responsibilities will include:
- Send an introductory email to the advisor and let that teacher know who the room parents are.
- Plan activities, collect money from advisory families to purchase any materials, and lead Halloween and Valentine’s Day parties (1 craft, 1 game, 1 act of service/kindness activity).
- Communicate with other Skokie room parents to plan similar experiences for students with similar costs to families within each class.
- Communicate with families within the class to find a substitute to fill in on party/event days if you’re unable to attend.
- Organize a casual parent get-together for the parents within an advisory during the fall.