Each year Skokie School asks for volunteers for Room Parents. Room parent sign ups are for 5th and 6th grade parents only. 2 room parents are are needed per Advisory and minimal time commitment is involved. Room Parents assist classroom teachers as needed and serve as a liaison between teachers, the PTO, and classroom parents. Being a room parent is a great way to connect with other parents and your child’s teacher!more >>
The PTO has a long-standing tradition of offering a set of “old school” dance and social etiquette lessons to sixth graders, utilizing a trusted professional dance instructor in the Washburne gymnasium.
This is a low-key introduction to co-ed social functions for 6th graders, and they will have a variety of randomly assigned dance partners. Historically, kids enjoy this opportunity to:
- See themselves and their friends dressed up
- Learn types of ballroom dances that may come in handy someday (e.g. the waltz)
- Do something different and fun on a Friday evening!
- 2023: September 8th, 22nd, & 29th
- Location: Washburne Gym
- Time: 6:00-7:00pm, 9/29 class ends at 7:15pm
Fee is $50 (We are not able to issue refunds or prorate fee due to missed classes.)more >>
As a convenience to families, the PTO is pleased to offer Marla’s Lunch program for 5th and 6th grade students at Skokie School. Lunch is offered daily, featuring meal choices from local vendors. A percentage of each lunch purchased goes to the PTO and is in turn used to purchase equipment and technology, and to support enrichment opportunities for the students.
Please sign your child up for lunches now. The deadline to order lunches for the following week is every Wednesday at 12pm.
First time users
- Visit marlaslunch.boonli.com
- Click on Register — then Create an Account: Password for Skokie is WPS294 (case sensitive)
- Sign in with your username and password
- Click on the calendar date to begin ordering
QUESTIONS: email email@example.com or call 224.269.0068
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (help navigating the site): email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.381.6511
Click here for a printable version of the order process!
Click here to view Skokie Lunch at a Glance.