Room parent sign ups are for 5th and 6th grade parents only.
Room Parents (1 per classroom) assist classroom teachers as needed and serve as a liaison between teachers, the PTO, and classroom parents.
- Communicate information as needed with parents in your classroom via e-mail
- Be present at Go to School Night
- Work with other room parents in your team to host a parent party in the fall
- Find volunteers as needed for school events; picture day, field day, etc.
- Coordinate collection of funds and distribution of gifts for teachers (given just before winter break and end-of-year)
- Being a room parent does not preclude you from serving as a Chair or committee member of other committees. You may volunteer as a room parent as often as you would like – we do try to make it equitable. Please keep in mind that in order to accommodate as many volunteers as possible, we cannot guarantee you will be assigned as a room parent each year requested.
Room Parents will not be contacted until the week following teacher assignments in late August.
Room parents will be selected on a first come, first served basis, with preference given to people who did not serve the previous year.